House is a place wherein we thrive, it is like living entity. It has vibes and responds to energies. Energy is a term used to describe different levels of vibrations that affects the occupants residing in the property. Energies are unseen force which cannot be seen but can be experienced. Home energies should be such that inspires the occupants and supports them. Sometimes when you visit properties, if you notice them energetically, it looks very gloomy and not welcoming enough, even though it is well done aesthetically.
Understand the different energies
When the energies of property are weak, it repels, hence occupants staying or working from that property feel great discomfort and are unable to perform well. They are unable to take good decisions from that property. When energies are not right, people may experience lethargic feeling and are unable to enjoy that property. Irrespective of what direction it faces, shape of the property and other various parameters, it is very important to correct and enhance the basic energy flow of the property. If energy of the property is right, it will respond quickly to Vastu changes that you make.
Make it right
Here are few of the important guidelines to make the basic energy of the property right. It has been observed that when people pass through turbulent times, they start thinking more negative about themselves as well as their property. When things are not going right, many of them start blaming their property. Assume if Vastu of the property is weak, by thinking negative, one makes the Vastu of his property even more weak.
Negative thoughts not only affect the human brain, but also has an impact on the space where you live. It is also observed that when people pass through depression, they like to keep windows and curtains of the rooms closed. This adds up to more blockages. One has to understand that thinking affects mind as well as space. Whether the property is rented or owned, your thoughts impact the Vastu and Energy of your property. Thus, before you make any Vastu / Feng Shui changes in your property or if you have already done a few changes, change the way you think. ‘Start liking your property and think positive about it’.
Connection is important
Whether you stay in a small home or big, rented or owned, it is important that you connect yourself with your property (the way we do with our family). Whether the Vastu of your property is good or bad, don’t worry, just start loving your property. In ancient times, people used to perform various ceremonies and rituals at home. This helped them to show their love and affection to their property. The moment you start loving your property, the property will start loving you and it will start responding in positive way. I have come across many clients wherein the owners do not take good care of their property. However, changing the attitude towards their property has helped them in highly beneficial way.
In case if you own multiple properties, you can sit comfortably and visualise love, gratitude and positive vibrations for all your properties. Positive thinking is a mental attitude in which you can expect good and favorable results. Positive thinking is a process of creating thoughts that create and transform energy into reality. The approach towards unpleasantness in a more positive and productive way is positive thinking. Think the best is going to happen, not the worst from the property you stay.
Many people have best of the Vastu and Feng Shui, but still they do not get results, why? One of the answer is that they do not like the place where they live. They aren’t connected with that space and they think very negative. Good Vastu plus Good Thoughts helps plus Good Work is enhancing the vibrations of the property.
Few tips to improve energies:
- Change negative thoughts to positive. Send good vibes to your property. This can be done with positive visualization. Visualize that you are enjoying your space and you and your family are becoming happy and successful from your property.
- Respect your property, give gratitude, give lots of love and affection.
- Always have positive attitude towards your property.
- Open up windows whenever possible and allow fresh air to enter your space. There are many other principles for windows and doors which will be shared in future articles.
- Open up curtains especially in morning hours.
- Wash curtains at regular intervals.
- Energy flows through the front door. Give your love to it. Open and close gently. Respect your door. Avoid clogging doorways by putting storage near it. Fresh flowers can be kept near the main entrance doors from outside.
- Avoid banging doors.
- Avoid closing doors with foot.
- Doors must open freely and smoothly.
- Love your property, your building, surroundings, your city and your country where you stay.
- Clean up cobwebs from the house.
- Clean up corners of rooms.
- Early morning is the best time for positive visualization for your property.
- Give lots of positive vibes to your office desk and chair.
(Dr Harshit Ravindra Kapadia is a Vastu and Feng Shui expert.)